M.F.A. Fine Arts
Radford University, Radford, VA
State University of New York, College at Fredonia, NY
SELECTED JURIED, INVITATIONAL, and SOLO EXHIBITIONS:
• 2021 Ink & Clay 45: The Art of Type, Juried Exhibition, Art Gallery at Cal Poly Pomona's 45th Sapphire Anniversary:
Hibiscus on a Buick Century and Turning Through the Clouds Accepted.
• 2021 National Online Juried Show - Lifting the Sky: Elevating the Works of American Women Artists. 695 entries 150 selected. Tangled in the Forest chosen. Exhibit dates: May 20 - August 21, 2021.
• Freewheeling - The Allure of the Automobile in Contemporary Art at The Bascom: A Center for the Visual Arts in Highlands, NC in conjunction with the Highlands Motoring Festival - Invitational. One of fourteen automotive artists invited. Three paintings chosen: Red Alfa Among the Shasta Daisies, Auburn in the Sunset, and Jag in the Clouds. Exhibit dates: May 11 - August 21, 2021.
• Cover and Feature Story: Jag in the Clouds cover on the Laurel magazine, Highlands, NC, May 2021 issue.
• Big Red and Family print selected for the permanent collection of the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Museum,
Hershey, PA, 2021.
• Exhibitor, AMERICAN ILLUSTRATION 39, 2020 - 7,000 Entries, 897 Selected, Jag in the Clouds chosen
• Bugatti Entering the Clouds, selected for the American Women Artists Spring Online Juried Exhibition, 2020
• Juror's Award - First Place, Water+Color National Exhibit, Pence Gallery, Davis, CA, for Red Alfa Among the Shasta Daisies, 2020
• Commission: Roanoke, VA, created a painting depicting nine automobiles, Big Red and Family, gouache, for Bill and Bud Jones. Completion date March 1, 2018, an 8-month research project.
• Solo Exhibit: Lansdell Hall, Bluefield College. Twenty-one works presented. December 3, 2017 - February 15, 2018. Automotive Visions, Bluefield College, Bluefield, VA. Purchase of The Delage print on canvas for their permanent collection.
• Solo Exhibit: O. Winston Link Museum. May 21- August 26, 2017. Fifteen original paintings displayed, Automotive Elegance, Roanoke, VA.
• Poster Artist, Classic Car Club of America, Concours at Hickory Corners, MI, June 2017, creating a 36” X 24” original gouache painting used for the poster and program cover. The painting sold at live auction during the Gala Evening.
• Award: Chairman’s Award, Classic Car Club of America, Concours at Hickory Corners, MI Automotive Art Show, June 2016. The Delage Among Purple Flowers was sold at auction during this event.
• Interview: with CarsYeah (CarsYeah.com) and Mark Greene on Friday, April 1, 2016 at 2:00 PM EDT Live broadcast aired on April 18, 2016, #490 http://carsyeah.com/ourportfolio/490-sue-steele-thomas/